How early can you tell if you are pregnant?

I am suppose to have my period on the the 8th of july but im not feeling so well and smells are really getting to me. I'm nausios all the time in the past 4 days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• First Respone Tests say you can tell up to 5 days before your period, but I would wait at least another few days. And if it is negative and you don't get your period, take another one then.
    supershlea

Answer by supershlea at 6:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• You may be pregnant and you may just be making yourself have the symptoms. I have heard of it happening before. Wait a few days and take the test.
    lovingmy2kids

Answer by lovingmy2kids at 6:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Yeah, it is a little early for symptoms, but a lot of women who are trying to get pregnant psychologically become hypersensitive to what may or may not be symptoms. You could take the test that says you can tell 5 days early, but the accuracy will be much better in a few days. When I took the test five days before my missed period, it said negative. I tok it again on the day my missed period was supposed to start and got a positive result. I am now 38 weeks. The accuracy depends on how early you ovulated and concieved as to whether or not your body has had long enough for your elevated Hcg levels to register.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 8:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2008