My Daughter Diaper Rash has gotten worse, were taking her to the doctor tomorrow but it looks she has blisters or sores or something on her bum too that bled when i tried to wipe her after chaningher diaper, does anyone know of something to help soothe the pain for my baby or what i can do in the mean time?

L.L.Joyce

Asked by L.L.Joyce at 12:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Poor baby. I used equal parts of Aquafor and Maalox, it cleared up my DD's diaper rash really well, and seemed to help with the pain.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:27 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• My son used to have the same problem. Have you switched diapers or wipes recently? How old is your daughter? He was just a couple of months old when we figured out that he was actually allergic to the diapers we were using. The only ones he could use were Huggies Supreme. Anything else would break his little tush out.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Desitin. Hope she'll be okay. Poor little baby.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Oh, and lots and lots of Desitin!!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Us some baking powder and a lille cornstarch it could be yeast but this will comfort until you get to the doctor.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• grapefruit seed extract and veg. oil. I know it sounds weird but everyone that has tried it say's it works great. Ive seen it work on my nephew who gets it so bad his little bottom bleeds all the time. (IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN MORE DETAILS SEND ME A MESG.)
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Sorry something is wrong with my keyboard that should be a little the desitin sometimes cause it so back off add the cornstarch and baking powder a teaspoon of each mix add a little to the diaper and change in a couple hours to get it dry.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:33 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• as much time without a diaper and warm baths with baking soda were what I used on my sone when he was little. my niece was sick with rotavirus recently and my sister couldn't do anything get help with the diaper rash. I babysat for 2 days and she went diaperless with some shorts on most of the day both days and her bottom went from bright red to light pink.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 12:34 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• i have always used dr smith diaper ointment it works a lil better then desitine also if possible keep her as dry as possible
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 12:34 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Thanks Everyone, I'll Try a Few of those Suggestions we put Destin on her right now.
    L.L.Joyce

Comment by L.L.Joyce (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Oct. 3, 2010