do think it's rude?

To burp?? For real?? some think it's the end of the world..I was always told it's better to burp and taste it ratherto fart and waste it..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I personally think it's a turn off. There are ways to do it without it being loud or obnoxious.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:50 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• i don't think its rude if it wasn't a forced burp or belch, and if you say "excuse me" afterward. belching contests and stuff i think is disgusting, and like prettyrayray said, definitely a turn off.
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:53 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• frekin' grose, did you really just ask that - I swear you're a five year old kid playing on mom's computer.
    Tirzah6

Answer by Tirzah6 at 12:53 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Nope just a ? cause I have heard in other countries if you don't burp it's rude..Just trying to get different thoughts, Not 2yr old answers
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Only if it is really loud in public or in someone elses face.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I hate when my hubby does it in my face or just really loud when I know it can be quieter. I try not to burp loud cuz I'm a lady but sometimes I can't help it. When people are burping to be gross I don't like it. But I myself get tummy aches if I don't let a poot rip or burp when I need to.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 1:44 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• depends on the crowd your with...
    At our house.. the louder and juicer the burp.. the better... just cuz it's funny sometimes.
    But if we were out at a restraunt.. or most any other place in publc.. we just don't.. or we control the ones that we can.
    Don't want to offend any one .
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 3:10 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• actually i have known many people that it is very disrespectful to NOT burp after a meal. like my one friends mom, would spend hours cooking a meal, and after you finished eating if you didn't burp, she would be very hurt thinking all the time she put into the meal was not appreciated by you. very weird

Jasmine0530

Answer by Jasmine0530 at 4:27 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• First of all, burps and farts are two different things.  A burp is air that has been swallowed during eating and drinking.  A fart is gas which is a byproduct of digestion.  Everyone who consumes food does both.

Burping is a normal biological function and is not rude.  What counts as rude or polite is how it is handled and that differs from culture to culture.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:54 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• As long as you're not burping in public or offending anyone, who cares? I burp at home all the time. But I live in a house full of males. Its like a ritual!!! lol
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:41 AM on Oct. 24, 2008