HELP MY KID STILL DOESN'T SLEEP AT NIGHT

I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING I COULD THINK OF AND THAT PEOPLE HAVE SUGGESTED TO ME. HE HAS A ROUTINE- BATH, BOOK, BOTTLE AND HE'LL FALL ASLEEP HE WON'T STAY ASLEEP. WITHIN TWO THREE HRS HE'LL BE UP. HE'S NOT HUNGRY AND WILL HAVE A  DRY DIAPER. HE GOES TO BED ABOUT 8-830 PM HE'S 15 MONTHS OLD. NO MATTER WHAT HE GETS UP EVERY MORIN AT 6-630 AM WILL GO THE ENTIRE DAY WITH MAYBE TWO HRS OF A  NAP .I TRIED N, KEEPING HIM UP LATER, TOUGH LOVE (INGNORING HIM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT), WHEN HIS ALLERGIES ARE ACTING UP HE'S HAD BENADRYL WHEN HE'S SICK TYNANOL AND MOTRIN. HE DOESN'T SLLEP THROUGH ON THAT.  IN HIS 15 MONTHS OF LIVING HE'S SLEPT MAYBE 16 TIMES THROUGH THE NIGHT. ANY SUGGESTIONS, IDEAS. PS. THE TOUGH LOVE IS TRICKY NOW CAUSE HE CLIMBS AND FALLS OUT OF HIS CRIB NOW. THE FLOOR IS ALL PADDED BUT NOW I HAVE TO HIDE AND WATCH IN CASE HE DOES FALL.

MOUTH4298

Asked by MOUTH4298 at 12:58 AM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sorry to say.But I have 4 and seems like all did this. It's just something us mom's have to deal with. Great part other being a mother right? LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• try putting a tv in the room!i have to keep one on in my sons room and he rarely wakes me at night!i keep it on low so it doesnt keep him up but if he wakes up at night then the tv will sually keep him entertained until he falls back asleep on his own!it has worked with my 10 month old son and my 18 month old brother too!!good luck:)
    mommydabbs

Answer by mommydabbs at 1:36 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• As far as climbing and or falling out of the crib.. I would suggest either moving him to a toddler bed..or get one of those crib tents. This way he won't hurt himself.

To stay asleep at night... hard thing. I don't and never have understood letting a kid cry themselves to sleep... i think it would suck to be the kid crying... just my opinion.

My oldest daughter had a hard time staying asleep at night.. and what finally worked with us .. we made a CD of celtic songs and lullabies.. Soft gentle music that played all night long.. seems she slept better with a little noise in the room.
    My oldest son.. the best thing for him.. I just brought him to bed with me. If he woke up at night.. he didn't stay awake long.. he would just check to make sure I was there.. and cuddle back up with me.
    Good luck.. i know it's hard. .. especially wtih allergies,
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 1:38 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• My son didn't sleep through the night at 15 months either. I think it was sometime between 18 and 20 months that he started sleeping through the night, but only if he sleeps with me. If he sleeps in his own bed he'll wake up fully, but with me he'll maybe move positions or give a quick snuggle and fall back asleep. Oh, and he only takes a two hour nap and he sleeps from about the same number of hours. Some kids just have a lot of energy!
    wondermeg

Answer by wondermeg at 1:40 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I don't know if this will help or not.. but something else we did.
    We washed all of the bed stuff.. blankets, pillows, sheets.. even the stuffed toy with the lavendar scented soap and fabric softer.
    All my kids love that their bed smells like lavendar... and they sleep better too.
    Lavendar is a natural relaxer.. that's why it's in the Sleepy Time Bath and Lotion stuff.
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 1:41 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I hear you! DS is 3 now and still isn't making through the night. first it was teething, @ 8 mo I went back to work (2nd shift) & jsut to get sleep I started co-sleeping. WOW that was great! Now he's just a bed hog. LOL anyway he starts out in his room on a mattress on the floor or in his toddler bed but usually ends up in our room 5 hours later. I only feel him sometimes-hubby feels it the most. I just sleep! Hang in there this time goes by so fast soon they'll be - don't bug me mom I want to go to bed on my own.
    collinsmom72

Answer by collinsmom72 at 2:33 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Mine is nine years old...the only time he's slept an entire night withou waking is when he's sick.

If yours is climbing out, the crib is done. Move him to something else.

I learned long ago, MY worryng about how my son slept didn't do anything. I let him sleep to his own pattern and we all ended up being happier.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:59 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• my son will be awake all night till 6 in the morning and hes already 3 yrs old i've tried teaching him to sleep all night but it will only work for a few days then he'll go back into his vampire schedule again of being up all night and he doesnt take any naps at all during the day. so good luck. my son also climbs out of his crib and hes got a toddler bed also but he prefers the crib.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Our 2 1/2 year old (since he's been out of his crib), gets up at least once in the night. His "normal" wake up time (if we're lucky) is 5:30 a.m. As far as the crib, you need to get rid of it. When Ryan started climbing out, we also put padding on the floor, but padding won't necessarily stop neck injuries. When Ryan wakes up too early, I lay down with him and explain to him all the things we are going to do the next day and that he needs to get more rest so we won't be tired and will be able to run our errands or go to his play group. I would try a radio or some other noise in his room (our son has an air purifier that runs all night) - that may work. Or a special teddy bear that - shhhh...we have to go back to bed so we won't wake Teddy up (we do that with our son, too). It is frustrating, but someday, maybe our little ones will sleep through the night. Hang in there!
    Lovinmykids

Answer by Lovinmykids at 9:37 AM on Oct. 24, 2008