Weening

My daughter is 2 months shy from her first birthday. I would like to ween her off her pacifier. Since this is my first child so I don't know how to ween her. Please help me someone on how to ween my daughter off her pacifier.

ProudMommie83

Asked by ProudMommie83 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have no kids of my own, but I heard that one good trick is to get rid of all but one, and then the one she has you slowly cut a little bit of it off until she doesn't want to suck on it any more. I'm sure others have better ideas and advice. Good luck!
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 12:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Thx Gnomeofmyheart
    ProudMommie83

Comment by ProudMommie83 (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Well, I sucked on my pacifier until I was about three years old. The way, my mother did it was putting very spicy mustard on it, and after that, I stopped taking a pacifier. I would try the suggestion by Gnomeofmyheart first and wait on the spicy mustard and see if my kid sucks on the pacifier until he or she is three years old. (It may be that she has some insecurities, and a pacifier is better than sucking on a thumb when she has teeth.) Good luck, and I hope you figure out the best way that works for your daughter.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 6:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2010