Can I rebuild my milk supply?

I was pumpzing aprox 8oz between both sides from Sept 21 when I gave birth until 4 days ago. I had a crew doing work in my house and felt uncomfortable breastfeading so I gave my baby formula during the day and c breastfead at night. Now I am only able to pump aprox 1-2oz between both breasts. Is there a way to build that back up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nurse baby on demand no matter how often he/she wants to nurse, breastmilk is supply and demand.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 1:04 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Eat healthy and drink lots of fluids and DONT stop pumping or all your milk could stop.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 1:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• feed on demand first and foremost. The more you feed the more you will make. Drink plenty and try eating oatmeal every day. I'm sorry you were uncomfortable feeding while people were around! Have you practiced feeding using a blanket for cover? How about nursing shirts? Those really minimize exposure to practically nothing with practice. I was so shy with my first about breast feeding. With my second I was much more comfortable.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• MOTHERS MILK TEA WORKED GREAT FOR ME. Fenagreek works good too but made my sons tummy upset. the tea has a low dose of fenegreek in it. also eats lots of oatmeal. nurse on demand and pump in between! good luck!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Remember that baby gets more at breast then a pump usually does. The BEST way to get your supply up is to nurse on demand. If it's only been 4 days, it should be pretty easy to get back where you need to be.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Nurse on demand and pump the other times and that should get your supply up. Also, make sure that you maintain your healthy diet and healthy intake of fluids.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 6:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• drink lots of water & nurse as often as possible. Even if your baby isn't nursing place em on your chest. Your body will make more.
    MomWeb

Answer by MomWeb at 9:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2010