Harsh pain in legs??

I am a very young mommy!I have a 10 month old son and am now expecting another child(21 weeks)!Since i was young when i got pregnant with my son everything worried me and i found myself in the er alot for reasons that were completely normal!now of course i had pains when pregnant with my son..everywhere!but my legs have been hurting so bad i cant stand it!!i tried heat and resting them and even getting my hubby to rub them sometimes 3 times a day but the pain is still there!My hubby noticed bulging knots earlier when rubbing them!should i worry or is it just normal?I dont wanna make unnecessary trips again so plz give advice!

mommydabbs

Asked by mommydabbs at 1:24 AM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It it like cramping? Charlie horses? I used to get those when I was prego. I wasnt getting enough magnisem. (however u spell that) you may need xtra vitamins
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I know that I got leg cramps in all of my pregnancies, due to low potasium, but not bulging knots. And the pain didn't last all day. I would def give my obgyn a call, this doesn't sound normal. Remember it doesn't hurt to call & ask a question, better safe than sorry!! Good Luck!
    momof4qtz

Answer by momof4qtz at 1:40 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Its just severe pain everywhere in my legs!the knots dont hurt any worse than the rest of my legs!i asked my mom to take a look and she told me she didnt know what to say about them cause itd been a while since she was preg and didnt remember if she had it.My gma told me to try extra vitamins but i cant even take my reg. prenatal vitamins,i have to take flinstones cause all the prenatal vitamins they gave me made me really sick!the nurse at my ob wouldnt let me speak to the doc she told me if i was worried about it to go to the er!
    mommydabbs

Answer by mommydabbs at 1:55 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I got that pain during and after my pregnancy, and now that my son is 3, i still suffer with that pain in my legs its called restless leg syndrome, if you're lucky it'll go away but if not, you'll have it forever, sadly theres no cure for it yet, just pills that control the pain, but since i cant swallow pills i just deal with the pain myself. being awake till late at night just makes my pain worse, and also i have to jog on my treadmil to ease the pain. it can also mean that your blood doesnt circulate right, and you can also get blood clots like that. So just try exercising atleast 3 times a week and stretch, stretching calms the pain too. now if that doesnt help and you have the extra money go ahead and tell your dr. about it.
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 1:59 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I also had pain in both my legs during pregnancy! Try the medical stockings! They really do work and the socks did relieve much of the pain. You can find them in any store i.e. walgreens, rite-aid, cvs etc. Good luck and HTH!
    But do mention the pain your experiencing at your next obgyn appt.
    milan124

Answer by milan124 at 1:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2008