Why cant you giva a 2 month old baby food??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• for one they dont need it, and their lil tummys and digestive system cant handle it. its usally ok to start with really watery rice ceral at 4-5months,
    mayo9mommy

Answer by mayo9mommy at 1:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• If you introduce them to food too soon it causes food allergies, can make them constipated, gas, or vomit. You are suppose to start baby cereal between 4-6 months and fruits and veggies at 6 months old and only one new food a week so you can watch for signs of allergies.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 1:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• What mayo said, their digestive tracts aren't ready to digest anything other than moms milk or formula. It would be way too hard on their little tummys.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 1:09 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• what they said, plus baby food is only to explore texture.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• well...my babies had baby food at 2 months and their little tummies handled it quite well,thank you.
    Everyone needs to just lighten up and let Moms do what THEY think is good. I had kids in the 1960s before the new Faddish Doctors came along. My kids grew up to be healthy, happy,slender adults with NO food allergies. Their immune systems were exercised and strengthened by eating baby food.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• with my 3 kids, I didn't give them solids until they cut their 1st tooth....back in the day that was always the "sign" they were ready for it. Then, I started with veggies. I never gave them fruits until they had already mastered everything else. To this day, ALL of them crave vegetables. They LOVE salads, celery, carrots, green beans, peas, potatoes (remember french fries are NOT a vegetable!), etc. They DO like all the fruits also and eat them daily, but usually it is not a struggle to get kids to eat them. The struggle shows up in eating the vegetables. MMMM making me hungry! Pass the broccoli! :)
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• their lil tummy can't handle it at the moment. Digestive System isn't as strong as ours. Start your child off with a little Rice Cereal in their bottle a teaspoon full and when they go up of their formula (like a 4 oz. bottle) add a tablespoon and when they do a 6 oz. bottle add two tablespoon.
    They'll sleep all night with a full tummy.
    ProudMommie83

Answer by ProudMommie83 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Their digestive system isn't mature enough to handle it. If you give your 2 month old baby food you may end up making them sick.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 2:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• "Faddish Doctors" - Huh? What the hell is that?! It's called tons of research and learning more than we did back then. The fact of the matter is babies digestive tracts are still developing and the only thing they can handle at such a young age is breastmilk or formula.
    Anonymous

• their little tummies aren't ready for foods yet.
    cdesersa

Answer by cdesersa at 11:22 AM on Oct. 7, 2010