What is your favorite holiday tradition?

I love pass the present.

AshlyN.

Asked by AshlyN. at 1:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We don't actually have any holiday traditions...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I love when my kids help me prepare Thanksgiving dinner. It makes me feel like I'm passing on some of the recipes and such that were taught to me when I was a girl. Hopefully they will keep some of what I passed along as part of their Thanksgiving holiday traditions when they have their own families.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I hope to pass on a tradition that goes back to when my mom was a child. When visiting family xmas eve, we'd sing carols in the kitchen then in the living room we'd hear a bell ringing and "Ho Ho Hoooo". Us kids would run to the front door to catch Santa and miss him everytime, but when we turned around presents "magically appeared" (they were under a sheet the whole time but we didnt know lol). Mom had to move nana to a home and mailed me the bell :)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:16 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• For Halloween we carve pumpkins and go Trick or Treating, Thanksgiving we cook dinner and that night we put up the Christams Tree and On Christams Eve we open presents then Christmas Day we eat dinner.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 1:20 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• My favorite was at Christmas. We have always had Christmas Eve with my parents, Christmas Day at home, and the day after with my husband's parents. We lost him mom, his dad, and his sister in the past year. This will be the first Christmas without all of them. WE are going to have to make a new tradition. the "3 days of Christmas" is over. I don't know how with will play out, but we will figure it out.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• every Dec. 20 th. I bake christmas goodies like sugar cookie, fudge, rum balls, caramel corn, and i make a ginger bread house. & every yr i try to bake someting new. My Grandma started me on this. Also the 1st week of Dec we get a Christmas tree,

Chelsdavis

Answer by Chelsdavis at 1:45 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• My dad gave my sister (6 sisters in all) a fruit cake as a joke in 1997. That fruit cake has been passed around every Christmas since. I got it last year. I opened a box with a teddy bear and a note that read "want to know where fruitcake comes from? Squeeze my neck and find out". I squeezed the neck and the fruit cake fell from the bears bottom! Not sure how to top that when I pass it along this year!!
    Stacy '.

Answer by Stacy '. at 3:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Every year on Christmas Eve my kids and grandkids get to open one present and it's always PJ's. It makes for nice Christmas Pictures. I love shopping for those PJ's.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 8:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2010