going organic?

Any tips to going organic? Thank you :)

Miss.KelliAdams

Asked by Miss.KelliAdams at 1:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• We went organic for about 6 months, and then I cut back at work, and we don't have the money for it anymore. I recommend going slowly and making small changes so it isn't overwhelming to you, or a shock to your budget (if that's a concern). Look for local farms that you can get organic eggs, milk (if you are going to start raw milk), beef, chicken from to save on cost - it's SO expensive if you buy it from a supermarket! We felt so much better when we were eating organic and clean, but we went to the extreme and I did get worn out for awhile. Good luck - you will be amazed at how great you feel!!
    TarraJoy

Answer by TarraJoy at 3:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Just buy organic food it tastes better and is better for you! I recommend if you like Mac and Cheese Annie's mac and cheese the deluxe one OMG it is yuummmmmmmy!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I've heard mixed reviews about going organic. Some say it cuts back on the pesticices in the food you're eating. Others think that organic food is expensive to implement on a tight budget.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Many organic items can be found in regular grocery stores and even super wal-mart and it's not as expensive as one would think. I purchase only organic and make a lot of things from scratch and I spend roughly $65-$70 a week for a family of 4.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• You don't always have to buy everything organic. Stick with the ones that are most important to you. We're on a budget and some weeks its tight, so we prioritize. We buy organic dairy and meat because of the hormones and antibiotics they pump the animals with which I feel is super important to avoid. Then for fruits and veggies, I typically will buy organic if its close to standard price or follow the "dirty dozen" list of the foods that have the highest amt of pesticides: 1. Peaches

2. Apples

3. Sweet Bell Peppers

4. Celery

5. Nectarines

6. Strawberries

7. Cherries

8. Lettuce

9. Grapes (imported)

10. Pears

11. Spinach

12. Potatoes
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 9:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• canu grow ur own veg and fruit
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:53 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Buy fresh foods that are organically grown...stay away from pre-packaged foods marked organic....cook from scratch.....buy locally as much as possible...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2010