Im losing all my hair please help!!

My hair started falling out when I was 16, Im now 24. My hair has gotten so thin to the point that you can see my scalp through my hair. It is an all over thinning. And when I pull my hair back in a ponytail you can see bald spots all over my head and where its gathered a crayola marker is thinker around. I have tried nioxin, it kinda helped but dried my hair out so bad it felt like hay. Prenatal pills dont help. My hair fell out just as bad when i was pregnant. Its not poor diet I eat healthy. I doubt it would be stress related since it started in my teens.
Any advice would be great!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• try ROGAINE!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Have you had your thyroid checked? It can cause hair thinning.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 2:01 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Low protein in your diet too can cause hair loss... or it could just be genetic :( I agree with the PP, sounds like you should go in for a physical and to have some bloodwork done, just to rule out any other possibilities.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I'm a bit older than you but experiencing the same thing. My doc is checking thyroid and hormones to see what's going on. Hope you find an answer and a solution. I agree with the others that going to the doctor and having tests run is your best option.
    tngrandma760

Answer by tngrandma760 at 2:48 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Have you ruled out alopecia? Do you also happen to have irregular periods and/or PCOS?
    Anonymous

• Hairloss is caused by different reasons it could be your health, stress, diet,or even something that runs in your family.As a hairstylist I do advice u to go to a doctor so they can do tests or give u a referal to a specialist.u might also need to take vitamins that are good for hair growth or there might be something wrong with your health.get checked. only a professional can tell u what is trully going on.
    ivetastic

Answer by ivetastic at 10:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Get your thyroid check first of all and start taking (Biotin Forte) Extra strength it maintains healthy hair, skin and muscle tissue. It help me so much!
    good luck!
    getyoung

Answer by getyoung at 6:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Try Rogaine. If you haven't tried it then It's definitely worth a shot! My sister's hair started getting really thin & it was bad enough that she had to do something so she tried Rogaine & it did work for her. Good luck! I hope you find something that works for you.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 11:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2008