Do YOU really want to be married???

If you knew then what you know now, would you have still have gotten married?
Do you think that getting married was a mistake? Why or why not?

SweetSmeek

Asked by SweetSmeek at 1:20 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Um, I love my husband to death... but you know there is always somewhere deep down where you wonder..
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 4:28 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• We'd still be together, no doubt, but no we would not be married.
    Married changed him greatly. Which in turn changed me. Not so much for the better.
    I questioned whether I even thought marriage was worth it before I even knew him. I married him because at the time I thought it was the right choice. Looking back I see that marriage means nothing more then government recognition to your commitment.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I love being married, and I would absolutely do it again. My Dh is my best friend, and we've fallen deeper in love over the years. We've seen the best and worst in each other and are stronger than ever. We've changed each other for the better!
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 2:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• YES and NO........Some part of me does...Yet the other part does not!
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• But no, getting married was not a mistake, just not the choice I would have made...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• i do!! however, i never have been, and i am single!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I am never getting married!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• We got married when we were 18 years old, 13 years ago. It was one of the best decisions I have ever made. My husband is an amazing man, my best friend. We have been through some horrible things together (mostly health problems) and I'm not sure if I could have gotten through all of it without his love and support. I would marry him again in a heart beat.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• i knew that marriage was up and down. and that hasnt changed, i am very happy with my marriage and no i owuldnt change it. if i could go back the only thing i owuld do different is to have my dream wedding. which would have been in full costume on halloween night. but dh's moms b-day is halloween so i felt bad about getting married on halloween.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 1:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• We got married a year and a half ago, but it's made things better. I mean, we'd be together anyway, so I don't get what the big deal is. What's the difference between living together and raising a family and being married and raising a family? With divorce rates the way they are, obviously a lot of people don't see marriage as a forever thing. I do, but that's a personal viewpoint. Either way, we'd still be together, and this way (he's in the military) I can live on base with him, have benefits, and not have to go through nearly as much red tape and rough moves and I would otherwise. I'd definitely do it again. He's the only guy who has put up with my crazy mood swings, and I'm the only girl that's been able to keep him interested :) We work well together, and really do try to bring out the best in each other. He's my best friend, so what more could I ask for?
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 1:46 PM on Oct. 3, 2010