Any easy methods to get rid of back pain?

Ever since i got that epidural when I was in labor a year ago, my back has been so messed up. I think it was because i had a sharp contraction while he had the needle in my spine and I moved suddenly. I tried to give birth without, I got to 7 centimeters, but I just couldn't do it, haha. The pain is in my lower back, and it throbs when I'm moving, but is sharp when I'm sitting or laying down.

Asked by cleverusername at 1:15 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Health

• A chiropractor. It has done wonders for me.

Answer by Roxanne0607 at 1:23 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I have a BAD arch in my back so that gives me HORRIBLE lower back pains and I also got into a wreck 6 months before i had my son which messed up my upper back the pains get so bad I would have to go see a doctor for them sometimes. So i decided no matter what i decided epi or no epi I was gana have back pains forever. So i went with the epidural. I sleep with a full body pillow still even though im not pregnant and sometimes i sleep with a round pillow to help arch my back because if i try to sit, stand or lay straight it KILLS my back. If you didnt have any back pains before talk to your Gyno about it or just your regular doctor they might tell you to see an chiropractor(sp?) and that might actually help. Hope this helps?! :)

Answer by KBM99 at 1:25 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Theragesic cream works wonders for my back but my problem is my back muscles from work.

Answer by HeatherTurner at 2:19 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Look online for yoga positions for lower back pain. It is a slow and steady process. It took me over a year for it to go away. I thought I was going to go crazy. If you have ondemand there is yoga classes you can go to they range from 15 minutes to an hour long.

Answer by TRyan at 1:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Definitely check out your bed and how you lay down when sleeping- that's where I find a lot of my back pain comes from. My Prevention Buzz Blog also has some good tips to relieve back pain -

Answer by healthygirl0913 at 1:06 PM on Sep. 20, 2008