First Confrencess

My 5 year old daughter has confrencess coming up for kindergarten. What kind of questions should I ask her teacher?

BinghamGirl

Asked by BinghamGirl at 1:44 AM on Oct. 24, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I thought that same thing. But the taechers are mostly pretty good about covering it all. If you do think of anything write it down..Other wise I know I'g 4get..LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I agree writing it down is a good idea. The teacher is going to go over everything that they have done so far and she is going to talk about your child and how they are doing. At this point if you have not heard from the teacher because you child is having problems then it should be a pretty easy conference.

I love conferences and one thing that i learned a long time ago is that even if my child is doing well I still schedule a conference for the end of the school year.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:10 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• The teacher will have a set of papers to go over with you, usually a sample of your kids writing from the start of the year till now, talk about how they've adjusted to the environment, some test scores and how those scores compare to other kids in their grade/ age and what you'll be doing for the rest of the year. The teachers usually lead them pretty well. You would probably be asking questions more if you were hearing that your kid wasn't on level, and those would be the typical 'what can we do about this' questions, which the teacher should be able to guide you through pretty easily.
    Kestrel1

Answer by Kestrel1 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I get a daily and weekly update on my daughters progress, the teacher is pretty good about filling me in on things. I am however going to ask about her about how well my daughter place with other's. My daughter has said a few times some kids have been making fun of her, but then she says she was making it up, and since I know at 5 they play with lieing now and then, I don't want to overreact but I also don't want to ignore any signs that it could be happening. But that is just my concern, I would write anything down you think of but the teacher should have plenty to tell you.
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 2:59 PM on Oct. 24, 2008