Lying and seeing another woman?

Could you go back with your Ex. If you found out he was seeing another woman while you two were broken up and lied to you about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Men will be men yes he might have loved you but when it comes to sex men are gonna get from whom ever will give it so broken up or not at least he told you he didn't have to say anything to you. and yes I can imagine how it makes you feel The thought of him being with someone else but we as woman only feel that way men somehow can forget about it. try to let it go if you feel there might still be a chance. GL
    Anonymous

• You're broken up. He has every right to see other women.
    And no, there isn't a such thing as "We're on a break". You're either together or you're not. If you aren't together then anything he does while you two are seperated is his business. He has no obligation to tell you or even be truthful about it.

With that said, would I want him to be honest if I wanted to know? Sure, but I don't expect him to tell me at all. That's not any of my business if we were broken up. He's a big boy and can live his life as he pleases. If I'm not with him then I have no say who he sees.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:25 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Did he lie to you about it at the time when you were broken up or did he lie when trying to get back together? Big difference
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I wouldn't have an issue that he was seeing someone else - I mean, you weren't together... But honesty is a HUGE thing for me! A relationship is nothing without trust.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• no.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Hmmmm. TRUST is the most important thing (in my opinion) and sets a solid foundation in any relationship so why would he have to lie to you esp. if you guys weren't together? That breaks the trust. Even though you guys weren't together at the time, he still shouldn't have lied.
    How did you find out that he was with someone? Did you ask him? If so, why? What he did isn't your business and vice versa.
    Also, an ex is an ex for a reason. I say move on an find another for your own sanity. Are the lies something you'll continue to think about and harp on? If so, it's not worth it.
    SweetSmeek

Answer by SweetSmeek at 1:36 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• yes.
    maureensweetsm

Answer by maureensweetsm at 1:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Probably not. Not because he saw someone else, though. I mean, if you weren't together he had every right to do what he wanted. But lying isn't something I get over easily. There'd have to be a hell of a lot of history and a hell of a good reason for me to want to get back with him.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 1:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• you were broken up.

the lie I would have an issue with.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• No. It doesn't matter if you were broken up at the time, there is zero reason to lie. You're not together so all he had to do was say he'd seen someone else, if he said anything about it all. The fact that he lied would make me wonder forever what the reason was that he felt he had to lie in the first place and what he might lie about in the future.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2010