• In the Spotlight:

For all of you for prop 8...

A marriage is between a man and woman. Letting gays marry will take the sacredness out of marriage? Totally! Letting a devoted couple who has been together for 20 years will absolutely take the reverence and purity out of Britney Spears' 55 hour marriage! With 50% percent of first marriages, 67% of second and 74% of third marriages ending in divorce, gays will take the all-time-high of success and religiousness out of marriage.

Are you kidding me? Heterosexuals ruined marriage LONG ago.

MaddisonsMomma

Asked by MaddisonsMomma at 2:00 AM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• To all the ladies that think it's wrong because it's againts GODs law... That's fine. And you have the freedom to feel that way.

BUT this country is not supposed to have Gods laws as a basis for our laws... That's what the seperation of church and state is all about.

Our laws are here to protect people... No one is hurt by gays being married. So let them be happy! If they are committed to one another they should have the same rights as the rest of us! Who cares who they love. that's not you, or frankly our governments, business...

If it's between them and God then let it be just that and let them deal with whatever comes from it. It still isn't your choice... It's theirs. And the government shouldn't have the right to make it impossible for two grown adults to care for eachother.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• lol! I love it!
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:05 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• i keep getting confused, because prop 8 is prop 102 here in arizona.

but, i totally agree with you
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 2:09 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I don't give 2 fncks who marries who honestly. Still conservative here though.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:15 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• If you love eachother enough to want to be together then you should be able to get married.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:36 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• you go girl..I couldnt have said it better myself....straight people are just worried we will show em up and prove what a real marriage is supposed to be..TWO PEOPLE WHO LOVE EACH OTHER AND WILL STAY TOGETHER TILL DEATH DO THEY PART!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I personally don't think it's okay for gays or lesbians to marry, but that's JMHO. I've been married for over 18 yrs to the same man, but have friends whose marriage has fallen apart in less than 5 yrs. I also have friends who are gay/lesbian, and how they choose to live their lives is their business, just like it was my business when I decided to marry my DH.
    I was raised in a conservative, Catholic home and am now a spirit-filled believer who is against the sin, but would never say I hate the sinner....and to me gay/lesbian relationships go against what God's Word...anyway, that's my opinion and belief and conviction.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I PERSONALLY DON'T THINK IT'S OKAY FOR GAYS OR LESBIANS TO MARRY.I BELIVERS IT'S BEWEEN THEM AND GOD.PSALM 7 V 8....THE LORD SHALL JUDGE THE PEOPLE;
    grandmom155

Answer by grandmom155 at 10:16 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Exactly!! If two people want to want to be "committed" to each other, it shouldn't matter their sex. Love is Love and that's all that matters.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 11:08 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Love sees no sex... no color and no religion...

At one point it was illegal for a black man to kiss a white woman... Today it's not even looked at as odd...

But when the laws were changed it took all but paying people to vote for it... That's sad. This is the same type of thing... It shouldn't matter how two people are different all that should matter is that we are all the same!

Love is Love. That's it! You don't get to pick who you love and the government shouldn't be able to tell you either...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:17 PM on Oct. 24, 2008