Are you the early riser in your house or the kids?

Since making lunches, the coffee and watching the clock to make sure that things run smoothly, someone has to get up and keep things moving along. I always have had visions of waking up late and everyone not getting where they were supposed to go on time. I think that only happened once and everyone was in a panic since the schools don't appreciate children showing up late. And they really do keep track of the number of times your children are late. I'm speaking about the schools here do, I can't say for any place else though.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My youngest usually wakes us all up around 10 or so... The oldest would sleep til noon if no one woke him up. If my DH isn't here or doesn't want to get up when our son does, I will, but I'm usually in bed til 10:30 or so...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:25 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• My kids are always up before me, even on school days.  I get up whenever the baby wakes me up or by 7:30am on school days.  The older kids are usually up between 6 and 7am.  They don't technically need me to get up on school days at all.  They have always gotten themselves ready and get their own breakfasts (or they eat at school) and they know when to leave to go to the bus stop.  I get up just to make sure they leave on time but they have been leaving 20 minutes before the bus comes so they can hang out with their friends at the stop.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:46 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• right now i would say me i dont know as my daughter gets older
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 2:15 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• DH and I are. We're up eeeearly.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 5:51 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• We (husband and I) wake up at the same time due to the alarm. Our son needs to be woken up. I also keep the routine moving by starting breakfast, while also packing lunch, and setting my son's clothes out. Kind of hectic, but so far, I haven't been late- bringing my son to school yet! (He's in kindergarten.)

Bostonsbest

Answer by Bostonsbest at 6:36 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• My kids are the early risers, but I set the alarm on school days so that if no one is up by 7:30am, I get up and get every one else up. But that rarely happens. My 4 year old is always in my room at 6:30am, and the 19 mos old is usually yelling for us to come get him by that time.
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 7:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I am up before the sun rises.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I am up at 4am so I have breakfest done and luches packed before I get the kids up at 630
    lchristianson5

Answer by lchristianson5 at 2:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My son is an early bird. He is usually out of be a good hour before i am. I am always up to help him out in the mornings, but he is to the point now where he will fix his own breakfast most of the time as well as pack his lunch, I just have to drive him to school.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Me even when i am off i like it though cuz that's my morning me time
    Inheritingkids

Answer by Inheritingkids at 10:12 AM on Oct. 6, 2010