allgery therapy for 2yr old?

My son currently takes Zyrtec, Flovent and Nasonex for his allergies, as directed by his allergist. However, while keeping him in check most of the time, these medicines don't seem to keep him well when we have a weather front comes through. His nose runs, he gets an icky cough, and is generally miserable. Anyone with a similar situation, or have any solution of something that helped your toddler?

mevxoxo

Asked by mevxoxo at 1:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Kids' Health

• The only other thing I can think of is one of those air purifiers. If you can't afford a big one, maybe just one in his room at night. Good luck.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 2:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• is your child getting the shots. my dd is going to start the shot therapy and she is almost 3.
    JerzisMommy

Answer by JerzisMommy at 3:56 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Take a look at the cleaning products and laundry detergent you are using - when we switched to Melaleuca I noticed that my kid's allergies cleared up - I know it sounds crazy - but just being exposed to chemicals can weaken your child's ability to fight off allergens - so even if his allergies are from outdoors this might help his immune system - just a thought :)
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 9:12 AM on Nov. 2, 2010