mixed martial arts on tv making a violent baby......

so my dh is an mma fan. and watches as often as he can. thismorning....my 16 month old daughter walked up to my 4 year old and strait up punched her in the nose! i put her in time out and braught her back out only for her to do it again, i put her down for her nap that time. when i think about it, the mma fights are the only time she could have posibly seen that. my dh is not going to stop watching this. anyone have any ideas of how to make her understand that she cant hit? i know she needs to not see the fights anymore and i will do my best to kepe her out of the room while daddy is watching but in the mean time what do i do to stop this from happening now?

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 1:31 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My only suggestion would to ask DH not to watch it in front of the kids. My one son imitates what he sees on TV, so we limit what he watches to non violent programming.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• To be honest if I saw that happen and my DH wouldn't stop watching it front of the kids I would get rid of my damn tv until he agreed to stop. OR I would make him watch it in another room where the kids were not allowed with no exceptions. If your dd keeps watching it, that is just reinforcement to keep hitting because little kids can't tell what is fake especially when there are REAL people fighting on it!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I would strongly suggest that your children not watch violent tv.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2010