How do I get my step son to stop bringing up old issues between me and his father. It is causing us to fight again

He brings up issues or does things that bring up more issues that go back to old problems and we start fighting again. he doesnt mind his own business i dont know what to do

nikkicap

Asked by nikkicap at 6:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• Find a way for you two to resolve the issues. They will keep coming up if you do not. Find solutions that you can both agree on, not just agree to disagree.
    lovingmy2kids

Answer by lovingmy2kids at 6:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• If things get brought up that cause you to "fight" then they are NOT resolved, and you have just buried them. You and DH need to resolve theses issues so that if they are mention they DO NOT cause any problems.... burying things does not "fix" anything.....Good Luck
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 7:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I would read Boundaries with Children, they might have one for teens too.

Maybe when he brings up negativity, add one more chore to his list for the day until he learns to either work all day long or stop starting problems. On you and your husband, I would also stay away from negativity, and have more chores if you mess up so it is fair.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Don't let it bother you, if he see's that it does then he'll keep bringing it up. but if he see's that it doesnt he will stop
    sillybabys

Answer by sillybabys at 8:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• talk to your husband and agree to not go back there. stepson is trying to cause problems and suceeding very well.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:26 AM on Jul. 4, 2008