Do you cook separately for your kids and dh?

My kids could live off of frozen and canned food, and my dh hates it. I make the kids eat healthy and learn to try and like new things. What about you all?

AshlyN.

Asked by AshlyN. at 1:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Everyone in my household eats what I made for dinner. I make things I know we will all like. But for lunch we make different kind of sandwich or left overs.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:55 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Nope. I'm a mom not a chef! I make 1 dinner that everyone will like, and if dd really refuses it I will give her something simple like left overs from another night.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 1:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• No, I cook the same for everyone. If the kids don't want chicken and veggies (just as an example), they're expected to at least take a few bites of each. Then if they are still hungry, they can eat a string cheese, a yogurt, or a banana. I will not cook them anything else. They usually end up taking their "no thank you" helping, eating a string cheese, then deciding they're hungrier than they thought and eating more dinner. Haha
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 2:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• My kitchen is NOT a restaurant. I do not cook to order. I make ONE meal.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• If it's the main course is beef then I do but I prefer chicken.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 2:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Everyone ate what I cooked---from scratch. That was a long time ago! Or myDH would cook something from scratch too. No "special" meals for picky eaters. They learned to NOT be pick!!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:04 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• No, I cook the same for everyone.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 2:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• When I cook (hubby usually does it) I cook one meal that everyone eats. There is always something that each of them like and they are expected to try a few bites of everything. If they don't like one part of the meal they can eat more of the other parts that they do like. Or they can go hungry - missing one meal will not cause harm and teach them some respect for the fact that theyalways have food to eat.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• We all eat the same meals at the same time

Mamacsb

Answer by Mamacsb at 2:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Nah, i've never been a short order cook. I make what I make, and if my family doesn't like it, then they can go hungary or make something for themselves. I don't cook foods that I know my family hates.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2010