I am single now but...

I can't help think that I made a mistake! I left my husband yesterday. we just weren't getting along and the arguing was getting worse and worse and we were both putting each other down, and now I can't help to think I was wrong for leaving. we are not filing for divorce but I don't know what to do ! I am so depressed right now and I was wondering if anyone has been through this and has some encouraging words for me,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Absence makes the heart grow stronger. Maybe all you guys need is a few days apart before you can talk things threw and move forward. Maybe just tell him you need a few days to feel like yourself again and that you would like to work things out if he's willing to as well. Good Luck.
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 1:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• You might be able to take this time and see a counselor together.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• It's ok to take a break. It gives you time to think things out and figure out how to handle them.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• when leaving a loved one like that...its tough and we think automatically we made the wrong decision. you cant go back to the same situation unless you want it to be the same way. in order to talk civily to your husband, you should do it over the phone and maybe to dinner dates to figure things out. give yourself weeks to think about what it is you want to do and if your happy about your decision and will be happy before talking to him again. dont do anything now since you both are very emotional and bad decisions become of last minute emotional decisions
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:41 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• It really all depends on what you are fighting about, is it worth fighting about (realistically?) and is being in a relationship with him worth this suffering for either one of you? Either way this time is to truly think about these things because you only have one life and also you will be tested on how strong your relationship is during this time as well. Choose well.
    LadyLotus

Answer by LadyLotus at 2:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Make sure you are not just in shock from the change of routine... Did you see yourself looking down a tunnel that just got more narrow as time went on? I did . I almost went back. But did not. Did not like being alone for a time, but the tunnel would have killed me spirit wise. After awhile I met someone wonderful , made for me . We are very different but balance so well... And they just show up when you decide not to 'look' for them, but focus on YOU. Because then you shine ~~you rock. ....... Don't loose yourself.
    CapricornLady

Answer by CapricornLady at 2:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• it sounds like a love-hate relationship. Is this healthy for you? If you leave, make sure you think about it really good, because if you want to come back, he may not want you back.

Can you talk? just talk? communication is as simple as that
    Ahealthyskin

Answer by Ahealthyskin at 7:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• It took me an entire year to decide to leave and file for divorce. I had very valid reasons and issues were not being resolved, and I couldn't keep trying if he didn't.

That being said, I still found it odd when I was so emotional wondering if I did the right thing in regards to our son and with me. I thought long and hard and realized that I felt more like myself again and was much happier coming home at night and not having to be on egg shells all night around him. Being on edge was so hard on my personality. I am glad I stuck to my decision to move on, and although there are ups and downs, I'll work them out!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:27 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• only time will tell
    DWeitz

Answer by DWeitz at 10:47 AM on Oct. 4, 2010