What Would You Do If Somebody

Parked really close to your car in the parking lot and you had your child(ren) with you. This person parked on the side where your car seat is and is so close, you can't open the door very wide. Or they are parked so close to the driver's side, that you have to turn sideways and squeeze in?

Bugbait

Asked by Bugbait at 2:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Suck it up, I guess? I don't really see what my options would be. As long as they're inside the lines, they've got every right to be there.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 2:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Not much I could do but to squeeze in or wait until the other driver came by but who knows when that would be.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I have actually gotten in the other side and put my child in that way. It sucked. But what other choice did I have? When it's happened on the other side, I've climbed over the passenger seat to get to the driver's side.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I just complain about it under my breath and do whatever to get the kids in.

Been there done that.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:09 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• If the person was still there I asked them to move their vehicle pretty please, if not, I would have to bite the bullet, it happens sometimes and you don't know what was going on with them at the time of their parking. Just flow with positive energy.
    LadyLotus

Answer by LadyLotus at 2:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Been there down that. One time just slammed my car door into theirs becuase it was the 4th or 5th time they did it and they did it again right after I talked to them. They were so close I couldn't even open mu door and our mirrors were touching. After that they never did it again.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Deal with it... I've even had to pull the car back just to get the kids in on occasion, but that's just part of driving...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I open my doors and squeeze in. If my door bangs their door I don't give a shit either. I drive an old car...::shrugs::

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I have that scenario on a regular basis, between small parking spaces and large SUV's it is bound to happen. Grin and bear it.

Answer by older at 3:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I grumble a bit about it and move on with my day.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 4:30 PM on Oct. 3, 2010