thanks to those that bashed me instead of giving me advice about my 2.5 year old I will be deleting my account

and to those that called me names and to those that said they should call CSP go right ahead and call. I know someone that works for them and they personally told me that you can disipline your child anyway that you want or can as long as you do not leave a mark on them. So what are you going to call on me for? Say I spank my child with a wooden spoon? All they will do is laugh at you. They have no bruises, they are loved, they are fed and a house over there head and warm.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Everyone has their own ways of parenting.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I didn't see your other post...........If you are asking about a controversial topic, then you are going to get mixed views. That goes for any website or in person discussion. Good luck!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Listen okay, I prolly was not involved in that and while yes you do not leave marks on your child, the system has become screwed up. I have never hit my child with a belt or spoon and I have gotten onto my husband about it before he has done it. But the thing is, if your not careful, you could end up hitting her the wrong place and she COULD end up with a mark. The same with a belt. You could end up seriously hurting her if you say hit just above her back and on her side cause you would hit a kidney. Hence why I usually use my hand and if it comes to it, I spank her bare bottomed. What I am trying to say is, is there are alternative measures besides using a wooden spoon to spank your child. Your right, it prolly would not be considered abuse, but if she ends up in the hospital cause you hit her kidney instead of her bottom, questions will be answered and you risk losing her. I am not bashing you, but I am hoping to help.
    mama408

Answer by mama408 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• You know, sometimes the most idiotic members here are also the loudest.

You will find rude people everywhere you go, online or in real life. Particularly when posting about debatable topics, you must be prepared for differing opinions and sometimes attacks. I am sure it hurt your feelings, but you've got to toughen up a little bit. Some people are just bitches. Good luck to you.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 2:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Tell me op, is this method of yours effective? I bet if it works out of fear not respect, why in the world would you want your toddler to be afraid of you?

Answer by older at 4:35 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Mommy5409, I am sorry that you had to deal with such meaness here. You are NOT a bad mom! You do NOT owe these other ladies an explanation on the way you discipline your children! I guarantee that their way of "disciplining" is questionable. At least you love your child enough to try to find the best solution you can by raising him or her to the best of your ability. We are instructed in the Bible that those who do not apply a rod of discipline do NOT love their child enough to focus on the good it does in the long run. The only thing not acceptable is spanking in anger. It is the anger and NOT the spanking, that is most harmful
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 3:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Yes your parenting is questionable. This is for you and others...

Mommy5409, to add, and here is encouragement, these moms attacking you are bad moms. Do you know why? Because of their treatment of you in here is an extremely poor example for their children. I GUARANTEE they have made mistakes and apparently they have not learned from it. You learn from this and work to improve.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 3:33 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• (oh, the Bible does NOT condone murder or incest. Someone told you some bad info ;) )
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 3:34 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Sorry, I do not believe you. I have read it MANY times ;) Your behavior in this post shows me that you are a cruel person and you are teaching your poor child traits to verbally attack another human being. That is an extremely poor example.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 3:44 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• lol, I rest my case. Your ideas are way off and I feel sorry for your children for you teach them wrong. I doubt you love your child enough to do the right thing for you have proven you are a POOR example. As for Adam and Eve's children having sex with each other, that is a STUPID assumption, lol. If you know anything about world history and biblical history, you will know others were around at the time (homo erectus, homo habilod, etc). Adam and Eve were the coming of age. Noah's grand kids, the COUSINS married and produced, not the brother's and sisters. Is that all you read? lol, I love toying with you.

Your idea of abuse is WAY off the track. The way you spoke to this woman here, you ABUSED her verbally. I rest my case and END of argument. I don't waste my time with children who have no clue what is right or wrong. Bye bye!

Mommy, don't worry, stand strong. This girl's very uneducated guess is proof she has no clue. ;)
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 3:55 PM on Oct. 3, 2010