What would you do ??

What would you do if.. You were walking down the street.. and saw someone with a kids that was screaming and kicking ?? Seriously.. how many times have you seen some kid just throwing a fit... and you walked on. Did it ever cross your mind that something was really wrong with the situation?

Check out this link..
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/default.cdnx/id/11925653/

4xmommy2008

Asked by 4xmommy2008 at 3:00 AM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Honestly, if I was walking down the street and saw that I would probably go up and ask if everything was okay...really nice like...then I would watch the body language of the parent and the kid. If I honestly thought it was suspicious I would call the cops with a darn good description of the adult and the child. You never know! And if it was an honest mistake...well, the parent and child do not have to know that. They could honestly just believe I was making sure they were okay and didn't need anything. *shrugs* Just how I am.
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 3:20 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• i think that the parents need to take just as much responsibility. we need to teach our children how to act when and if something happens like that. My mom always told me that someone tried to abduct me in a public place to scream something besides shes not my mom/dad... whatever the case may be. I am sure we have all heard.. dont yell rape, yell fire. if i saw a father grab his child like he did in the video you better believe i would be saying something... if there is any type of suspicion... i would call or get the police involved. without question...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:16 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• It all depends on the situation. I've always stopped to watch the interaction before sticking my nose into someone else's business. I mean I'm a single parent, and my kids have on occasion thrown fits in public and while I consider myself a patient person, I did at times blow my cool and yelled at them. I would then Bark at the next person who talked to me even if that person was a well intending stranger. Personal judgement should be used in every case. Don't interfere just because a child is yelling he/she may just be a brat. Mom or dad may have said  something the child didn't want to hear.

BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 11:24 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Personally if someone butts into my life I am embarrassed. My ds has autism and throws regular fits in public. He is not a brat and we normally avoid situations we know will trigger a meltdown but sometimes it just cant be helped, we do have to live our lives. Just the other day someone was trying to talk to him about how to get on the train at the park.We have been on the train several times and he knows it doesn't stop he was just having a moment. I mentioned to her that he is not understanding her and she looked at me as if I was butting into her life. I have had other ppl actually calm him down but never from a meltdown.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• well i have a 2 yr old and i get frustrated when my dd acts that way and i feel like people are looking at me like that but if she were 7 and acting like that i would hope someone would care enough to check it out
    babykins362003

Answer by babykins362003 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• My daughter suffers from panic attacks and yes usually in public she starts crying and yelling sometimes she shakes, sometimes she wants me to hold her and calm her down and sometimes she wants to calm herslef down (an improtant thing for her to be able to do as she gets older) and there are times wen people look at me like theyarre waiting for me to incriminate myself I really think in these situations people need to step back and look at the whole picture before they but in.
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 2:14 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• i think that strangers butting in and attackign the mom is the whole point of a temper tantrum. if you are a mom, you can tell apart pissed off crying and hurt crying. moms need to stick together and support each other in those situations, not immediately assume the worst. i always tell the moms i see that have kids who are having tantrums and not giving in to stay strong and good job.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2008