bannana diet

has anyone tried this diet? I guess it is the new fad

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 AM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Sounds unhealthy, unbalanced, unsuccessful and extremely high-glycemic. How does eating bananas all day teach you to change your eating habits?
    livewell4me

Answer by livewell4me at 5:18 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• it is 2 in am..................supposed to help w. metabloism,,,,,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:24 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• It's 5:30am in Ohio. Morning! Anyway, it's quite the contrary. Eating bananas all day is an extreme and will actually keep you hungry (uncontrollable) and leave you with less energy. If "fad diets" really worked, there wouldn't be any "diets of the week". Only eating low-glycemic foods with a balance of good carbs, good proteins, and good fats, as well as consistent moderate exercise, will improve your metabolism.
    livewell4me

Answer by livewell4me at 5:43 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Fruit is very healthy.

My diet consists of fruit and greens only.
    It will not leave you hungry if you eat enough.

Fruit is less calorie dense than the foods you are used to, however it is easier to digest so frees upenergy that would normally be put into digesting hard-to-digest foods

Being less calorie dense means you need to eat more. Banans typically average about 100 calories per banana. So for my lunch I would have about 8-10 of them.

You have to work with your own calorie needs though..so use something like nutridiary.com to help.

keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:45 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• For more information about a fruit greens diet you can check out foodnsport.com - dr doug graham
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:46 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• If you need help losing weight i can help you, i have lost 6lbs safely, with no drugs, stimulants or side effects and you never feel hungry. PM me
    MyO3WorldMomma

Answer by MyO3WorldMomma at 8:49 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• If its the banana diet I'm on, then its not unhealthy at all. On the banana diet you don't eat bananas all day. Eating one thing, whatever it is all day is unhealthy. But the banana diet I'm on you eat a banana for breakfast with a bottle of room temperature water and then two other regular meals throughout the day and a sweet snack (not too big) at 3 p.m. The idea is that the water and banana increase your metabolism.......that's all. I've lost 9lbs in two weeks so far so it seems to work. But I don't plan on eating bananas for breakfast forever..........yuck........I am already getting sick of them, lol.
    JaneEyre6279

Answer by JaneEyre6279 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 24, 2008