A crayon got on my laundry!

A green crayon somehow made it to the dryer with a load of towels! (I have no clue how it happened) It didnt get on the interior of the dryer, just on all the towels & washcloths. I don't know how to get it out or if its even possible! Help!

lisa89j

Asked by lisa89j at 2:45 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Okay, what you have is not a regular stain, it's wax. Spread the area with the wax out on an ironing board (or on top of your washer if you don't have one), place a few layers of plain white paper towels over the wax and iron over the paper towel. The wax will heat up and transfer onto the paper towels.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:12 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• 2 max doses of HE liquid tide (I used All Free/Clear)
    1/2 lid of liquid Oxyclean (1/4 cup Sun Oxygen Cleaner powder)
    1/4 cup of Borax
    1/2 cup of liquid Shout (Spray and Wash w/Resolve)
    1/2 cup of vinegar

Add all this to the washing machine with the clothes with crayon on them. Let soak for an hour or two and then run the washer. You can find Borax in the laundry aisle at the store.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:41 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I have no idea
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 7:21 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• are the towels white? Maybe bleach them if they are? lol
    mama408

Answer by mama408 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• There's maybe two or three white things in there. Hand towels & a washcloth. The rest are peach colored. And some pink place mats.
    lisa89j

Comment by lisa89j (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I've beenusing that Oxy Laundry spray. It has NOT let me down yet. TIP: Leave it on 15-20 minutes, not 10 , then wash the laundry.
    I put it on after I dampen the stains. The fibers are looser when wet ( and spray it on both sides...)
    CapricornLady

Answer by CapricornLady at 3:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• i had that happen my son had a blue crayon in his pocket i to had a hard time ... but CapricornLady advice its good ..will try indeed
    chulafromhtown

Answer by chulafromhtown at 4:16 PM on Oct. 3, 2010