raising your toddler.

my daughter is now 13 months old. and ive noticed shes really begining to "push" my buttons. and she def. knows how to do it too. she doesnt make me angry or anything, but i dont know how to go on about things when shes doing something shes not supposed to do. when i take the things shes not supposed to touch, or move her to her play area in the house, she'll SCREAM, or wiggle her life out to get down and get away when were in public....basically taking things away from her or giving her a limit. i dont want to scold her, or spank her, but how do i go on about disciplining her? how do i teach her no is NO, and "dont do that" means dont do that without any spanking or scolding. and i dont think time out would work considering shes still so young.
i would like some tips on how to do this before she gets alot older and then it gets to out of hand. any suggestions would be great.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 AM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Toddlers learn fast! When you say no, stick to it. Redirecting their attention always works well. If they are into something they shouldn't, look them in they eye, say no, and then find something else for them to do. Until this point, there haven't been to many things you have had to say no to because her demands have been necessities. My 15 month started this at about 11 months. It took a few months but I think we have taken care of.

Good luck!
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• she just barely turned 1... shes still little. its not going to get out of hand in these young months of life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:09 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• shes not out of control right now, but there are times when were out and about in public and she'll scream when i dont let her crawl, or touch things shes not supposed to touch. it makes shopping pretty difficult, esp. when we go grocery shopping.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:15 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• thats normal toddler moments lol its hard i know but most toddlers do that mine still push my buttons and they are 3 and 5
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 7:41 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• at least im not the only one who has a wild toddler! lol my son has hit the terrible twos and fast! i also try to have some snacks or toys on hand for when we go out in case he decides to pitch a fit.
    aiden1337

Answer by aiden1337 at 8:39 AM on Oct. 24, 2008