kidney infection anyone??

I think I may have a kidney infection, I'm planning on calling my dr today but I'm hoping that someone can just tell me I'm being paranoid. It started with just a weird pain in my stomach now my side is achy like I've either done a work out or gotten punched. I'm not peeing more than usual and it doesn't burn but I get crampy pain across my c-section scar after I go.
I don't have a fever either. Can anyone give me insight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 AM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Health

• My daughter has had kidney infections.  The symptoms include fever, chills and pain in your lower back usually off to one side (the side of the infected kidney).

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:39 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• it doesnt sound like a kidney infection to me. like the pp said... you would have pain in your lower back, the pain in your stomach would be sever. you would have a temp higher than 102 for more than 2 days you would have increased and painful urination, you would be flush and you could even be nauseous.{{{{i have had MANY kidney infections}}}}} I am not to sure what is causing your pain. there are many things... gallstones gas pains, muscles strain. its a very good thing that you are going to the dr.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 9:28 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I have a kidney infection right now. It burns terribly when I pee and My urine is dark- even though I've been drinking tons of wter, and taking extra cranberry pills.
    The pain you hae sounds like it could be a minor one though... Good luck at the doc.
    mykidsrock77

Answer by mykidsrock77 at 9:29 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I have had a kidney infection. It started with burning urination, a urinary track infection feeling, and then pain in the front and back, achey feeling and then blood in my urine. I did not run a high temp. I was told not to wait anymore on having the UTI diagnosed for it turned into a kidney infection. Definately have the doctor look at you. Your symptoms could be a variety of things. All which the doctors can help you with.
    Meerkatie

Answer by Meerkatie at 12:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2008