What's wrong with my body?

I'm ttc, and am realizing that my periods are getting more spaced apart every month. I think I might have had an early miscarriage this month, with extreme pain, and heavy/off-colored bleeding. I'm not sure. I was at day 42 of my cycle. The month before I was at day 39. And I usually get it from days 26-28. My insurance won't kick in for a few more weeks, and I really want to know what's going on, any help would be much appreciated!!

madmaddie

Asked by madmaddie at 7:04 AM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Don't think there is anything wrong with you. After I lost my first pregnancy I thought something was wrong with me also. I asked of doctors why and they all said the same thing it just happens. I was told 80% of women have atleast one miscarriage before going to term just must women don't even know it happen. After I lost my second pregnancy and still with no reason I made my doctor sit down and talk to me. She told me to start taking my prenatals plus added baby asprin and folic acid with it. I am not sure if it was the pills or the D and C that worked or but I have a two week old son after two years of trying. Ask your doctor to recommend vitamins for you too. Just remember that Every woman is different and just because your best friend got drunk and pregnant with out even trying doesn't mean all of us can be so Lucky. I have been there too
    Mrschrismarie

Answer by Mrschrismarie at 7:20 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• After my miscarriage they prescribed me prenatal vitamins, I have been taking them for 6 months now
    Sims8386

Answer by Sims8386 at 8:54 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I agree with the other posters. Even if you can't afford the prescription (after all, those prenatals are damn expensive without insurance), most stores sell OTC brands of prenatals. That's what I do, it costs less than $20 for an 8 month supply. The vitamins will help boost your health and make your body better equipped to carry a baby. I got my prenatals at WalMart.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 10:20 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Yeah if ur having a miscarrage u can still go to the doctor or a free clinic. You might have to have a d&C to get rid of the rest of the pregnancy. Miscarrages usually have some cramping along with it or an eptopic pregnancy is alot of cramping and blood. Eptopic pregnancy's are important to get checked out because it could grow in ur tubes and burst resulting in death
    Anonymous