Poop like an adult :(

My baby girl screamed out in pain last night. I went in to find poop in her diaper that was hard and round... just like adult poop. Poor baby... I am calling her pediatrician when they open, but am curious if any of you have experienced this?

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 7:05 AM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try mixing a teaspoon of light Karo corn syrup with formula, and Similac Alimentum is the best for working with tummy issues, even if you just use it for a week.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 11:10 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• you can try giving her some baby apple juice that might help she probaly got consipated some babys do but just in case call the doctor to make sure
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 7:39 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Is she on an iron formula, like Enfamil w/iron? If so, iron can constipate...think about those last 9 months with the lovely prenatals! They make a low iron formula as well.
    Jessy0419

Answer by Jessy0419 at 7:42 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• just recently i don't know how old she is but i had to give my daughter who is 2 weeks shy of a year old milk of magnesia i gave her a teaspoon of it it takes awhile but it worked i would try grape juice or when i called the doctor he said warm apple juice so try the warm apple juice and wait till you can call the doc before you give her anything else
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:01 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• They make glycerin suppositories for babies that will soften her stool and soothe her little rectum too. It has the added advantage of being something that works topically and doesn't have to go through her whole system.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Sounds like constipation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• My son had the same thing the other day.
    He gets constipated pretty easily. He gets little hard rabbit like bowel movements as well. I give him apple juice to help loosen up his bowels and get things moving smoother...lol
    His pediatrician gave us 2 types of laxatives. If you child is really young your pediatrician will probably also give you a liquid laxative as mine did for my son.
    Kimberly_Adam

Answer by Kimberly_Adam at 10:00 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• O yes my twin boys did the same thing and they were constipated.
    LacyJane86

Answer by LacyJane86 at 10:32 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• My daughter is is 4 months now experience this same problem at about 3 months when we switched her formula to soy formula. The dr told us it was constipation and to give a lil prune juice with her water. That did the trick and she loved prune juice. You should call the dr, every dr has a different remedy. Good luck.
    Brooklyn36

Answer by Brooklyn36 at 10:39 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I am dealing with this right now. I went to my Dr. yesterday and he told me to give my baby Apple Prune juice. Gerber makes the one that I bought. He said to water it down at first so he can get used to it.
    My baby is 6 months.
    MandyAshley

Answer by MandyAshley at 10:44 AM on Oct. 24, 2008