How much of school should go on when testing for GT in K?

I was first told by daycare personal that my son had all the makings of a child with ADHD and him attending actual school would be tough. Here I am three years later and he is in Kindergarten with some issues with his behavior, which is to be expected. His teacher's words, not mine. ;) But now I was given a letter asking permission for his involvement in GT, testing required first. How can they possibly test a new kinder student for GT??? Anyone had this happen to them? My oldest is in GT in middle school but didn't enter it till first grade.

LadyLotus

Asked by LadyLotus at 3:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• The test is based on each grade so they will preform different tasks to see how quickly the respond and if they know certain things. Really, if your other son tested in 1st grade the K test shouldn't be too different.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:35 PM on Oct. 3, 2010