Shower Build Up

I have a stand up shower and the floor is all grooved. Anyway - there is some crud build up around the drain where the water just kind of hangs out after each shower. I've started getting rid of the water that hangs out there, but I have crud in the grooves. What can I use that will get into the tiny grooves (short of scraping it out w/ some kind of dental tool) - any suggestions would be appreciated! I have squirted it w/ soft scrub, but nothing is eating away at the hard scaly stuff.

swrockhead

Asked by swrockhead at 7:55 AM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Home & Garden

• you need to get a cleaner that says it is for soap scum buildup. make sure you ventilate the room really well cos it will be dizzying, let it sit for a few minutes, then scrub and rinse.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 6:43 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I just bought scrubbing bubbles shower foam it's new. I love it. find a scrub brush to lightly scrub it after a few minutes of letting the foam sit. I have battled bathtub grime for years....
    Momchipomkids

Answer by Momchipomkids at 9:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• If you have hard water build up then the best solution is viniger, just pour it on the build up and let it soak all the way thru, you can then remove it with a simple scrubber, if the build up is bad or has alot of layers then you may need to do this a couple of times before you reach all the layers. My shower also has those nasty little grooves in the bottom and I usually have to use comet and a scrubbing pad to get everything out.
    INDIANAMOM

Answer by INDIANAMOM at 8:51 AM on Oct. 28, 2008