• In the Spotlight:

What do you do to entertain your kids on th weekend?

Mykids 3 and 5 have so much energy, I am not sure what to do to keep them busy and from just causing mischef all weekend. Any ideas, especially with the weather changing would be welcome. Keep in mind I get my laundry done and house cleaned on the weekedn too.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• How about a few fun games like candy land or high-ho cherry-o? When our kids were little we still went out to play, we just bundled up a little more. We also had homemade playdough that they used cookie cutters with (in the kitchen where there is no carpet) and fun craft kits that they could complete. My kids loved coloring too and we did a lot of that. I also would set up a "tent" made of chairs and blankets in the living room and once we go a huge refrigerator box that they decorated with markers and practically lived in for a couple of months.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• We're so insanely busy during the week, I think they would be happy to just play in the yard or do puzzles or something. We usually have activities like swim class on the weekends though, so they can't really do that.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Take them for bike rides, to the park, to the beach to explore,(even when the weather isnt so nice) they play in the yard aloth, or you could get a mini indoor trampoline so they can bounce some enery out :) I have one and the kids love it.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 3:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• There are plenty to do on the weekends. We do lots of arts and crafts, she loves origami and collages, making masks, hats etc with paper.. There's plenty to do with paper!! Then there's baking- my 5yo loves that.
    While you're doing your housework, you can ask them to be your helpers. They might enjoy the responsibilities. And a little TV isn't bad at all. I usually allow my daughter to watch a movie for 1 to 2 hours while I do housework.

Hope that helps!! :)
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 3:38 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• tons of stuff. we go places like the zoo, the park, we do arts & crafts (this is the perfect season for arts & crafts, so much to choose from!). Make them help you do the cleaning. My DD has been helping me for ages! I give her a rag & she "dusts", I let her "sort" the laundry, she mainly just does towels & socks.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:49 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• well, i clea and do laundry everyday, that ay there is nothing that falls behind, and we can leave without me getting set back. But in the fall, we do apple picking, pumpkin patches, farmers markets, and the zoo!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2010