Does your tween daughter drive you crazy?

Our younger daughter is 11 and she's driving me up the wall. It's like pulling teeth to get her do anything and when does do something, she won't ever do it the way she should. Case in point, I told her to make her bed and add an extra blanket to the top since she got cold last night. She spread the blankets out on the naked matress (we are always going over how she has to put the fitted sheet back on the bed) and left her DS, hair brush and crayons spread out UNDER the blankets. Then she slams doors because I made her remake her bed. Good grief! Please tell me I'm not alone.

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 3:25 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Yes!! My 10 year old is doing the exact same things and we can not communicate because we just fight. The drama is making me crazy. Last week I wrote her a letter and left it on her bed. I explained how much I love her and how frustrated I am with her behavior, how special she is and that it is not ok to be disrespectful. After she read it we had a little chat about it all. Things have been pretty great since then.
    Kimberly M.

Answer by Kimberly M. at 9:30 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• *She's little miss attitude
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 4:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• same here w/11 year old. you are not alone.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Yeah my 9 yrs old drive me crazy all the time. Se little miss attitude and if she on her days she's worst, just like me. I'm always talking to her and try to get along great. But she is that age where mom is annoying.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 3:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• You are not alone! My oldest daughter is 12 and it's the same thing here!
    mochamomof3

Answer by mochamomof3 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• My sd11 just plays dumb.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 2:56 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My daughter has her moments but for the most part she is like a mother hen and i hardly ever have to get onto her
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 10:12 AM on Oct. 5, 2010