Would you let your SO/DH talk with his ex fiance as friends?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• My DH and his ex wife considered each other "friends" and would talk every day, a few times a day, about everything. I would complain and it drove me insane most of the time!! It's different now, she showed her true colors and he wants nothing to do with her.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 8:54 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• It would depend on alot of other circumstances, but most likely No.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 8:56 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• NOPE ....... I would not stand for it but thats just me....
    MarksGurl

Answer by MarksGurl at 9:03 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I never thought i would be okay with that but now yes. I love my dh and i trust him to no end. Plus it helps that he HATES his ex. they cant even survive a phone call without ending up in a partial arguement. He feels the same with me. my ex hubby, his fiance, my hubby and myself actually all hang out together. they are moving the 200 miles north to be closer to his son with me. they even take my 5 year old from my new hubby when they take his son for the weekend. they love their buttons, my 5 year old nicholas w/ dh. it helps that we were also friends in school before we got together.

they may even have to move in with us with their 3 kids, 2 cats and 2 dogs until they find something here.
    i would recommend that you trust your instincts. they are normally right. KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE BUT YOUR ENEMIES CLOSER?
    bhuds6

Answer by bhuds6 at 9:13 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• if their friendship is real,it would be ok. I think as long as there is respect and boundarys it'll work.
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 9:27 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Absolutly not! but thats because he had broke up with me before to go back to her and when he saw that she was a total bitch, he came back to me and i would have told him to go to hell but i knew there was something about him and i knew i loved him! so no they would NOT be able to be friends!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Exes are the enemy,,,That would be a NO to that Q

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Idon't think it is a matter of LETTING as it is of accepting that fact. If you are comfortable with it then so be it. There are some who are mature enough to handle that. It also depends on the people involved.
    nana2u10

Answer by nana2u10 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• If he really wants to talk to his ex, he'll just do it without you knowing about it.My husband has done that.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:36 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Hell no!
    diana90913

Answer by diana90913 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 24, 2008