For those of you who wish you had waited to have sex... Why?

I was 11 the first time I had actual sex. I had fooled around prior to that but that was the first time there was actual penetration and it was a guy... I'm not ashamed of that nor do I wish it was different. I am NOT trying to bash, and if your not waiting was due to rape I understand. But those of you who made the CHOICE not to wait and now wish you hadn't, WHY? Had you made other desitions in your past you wouldn't be the person you are today. There isn't a moment of my past I ever would change... I'm trying to understand those of you that would.

PLEASE DON'T BASH EACHOTHER. THIS REALLY ISN'T A DEBATE!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Health

• I would have waited, for sure! It would have been so much more special and meaningful on my wedding night if I had never done it before. It still has meaning, but I don't get the opportunity to say that my husband was my one and only...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I was 13 the first time I had sex. I'm not ashamed of it, but not that proud of the fact either. The only reason that I would wish I had waited is b/c it started a spiral of sexual activity that I wouldn't want my children to engage in as teenagers. As I've gotten older I realize that sex as a teenager for me wasn't that enjoyable, it just gave me a false sense of self. Not saying I would have waited until I was married....but there are times that I wish I would have waited longer. I'm not sure changing my sexual past would change the person I am today though...just knowing what I know today it was a very irresponsible lifestyle to live as a teenager you know.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 9:03 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I did wait until my wedding night. So did my husband. It was so wonderful to give ourselves to each other for the first time without all that baggage. We have no one else to compare each other, so of course we are satisfied by each other. I know it means a lot to my husband to know that I saved my body for him. No other man has touched me in anyway. I'm so glad he saved himself for me. I believe every person should wait for the person they marry. Actually, I even saved my first kiss and handholding until our wedding day!!!
    GinaHolder

Answer by GinaHolder at 12:34 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• i would change everything from 17 on. and im 28.. it all started wrong and then it was one bad decision after another. timing is EVERYTHING!
    danahake

Answer by danahake at 6:28 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Well I was20 when I lost my virginity and I dont know if I would have waited or not I thought I was in love with the guy and was with him for a while he fathered my two sons so I dont really think it was a mistake I wasnt real young and I was 25 before I had my first child so,other then I wish he had of been a better person.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 6:36 PM on Oct. 24, 2008