how do you massage a blocked tear duct?

my 2 month daughter has a blocked tear duct in her right eye and i googled how to massage it but it was very vague. can someone tell me how to do it in fine detail, kind of a "massage blocked tear ducts for dummies"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son had one in his left eye when he was born. Our pediatrician told us to warm a wet washcloth, hold it on the bump for a min and then massage into the corner of the eye very lightly. It worked wonders and was completely healed within 72 hours thank goodness :) Good luck!
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 3:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Message me if you want a 'walk me through'... i know they can be evil, so please let me know if i can help :)
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 3:54 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Our son had blocked tear ducts on both of his eyes when he was born. Our pediatrician told us that it was normal and that they would get unblocked on their own and they did. Good luck!
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 4:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Ideally you could use something that is sterile. I would worry that wash cloths might have germs. Germs aren't killed when doing laundry and who knows where a wash cloth has been. Gauze squares would be too rough.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• My ped gave us drops for blocked tear duct.

I can't remember how I massaged it - sorry! Good luck!
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 7:09 PM on Oct. 3, 2010