Why do Some Moms on This Sight get so

defensive or always think some questions by a Mother are a complaint? Some of the younger new Mothers are genuinely (sp) asking questions for advise. I see so many sarcastic answers, it will discourage them from coming back for more advise. Why is that, other that the usual, their ignorant or rude behind the internet? Remember, we were all there at one time as new Mothers.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Some women have nothing better to do than hide behind a computer screen and make nasty sarcastic remarks to others, to make themselves feel better. It gets old real fast. I know who many of them are and I ignore them. I have no time for childish games and drama queens. It's sad when a woman really needs answers or wants to have an intelligent discussion only to get a bunch of bs answers because people think it's "fun" They act like they are 3 and need to grow the hell up.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Because some people are just nasty. The internet just gives them something to hide behind to be their true selves. Not all moms do things the same and no one way is right. Don't let them get to you. Ignore stupidity.
    nova8

Answer by nova8 at 3:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Actually, you have young moms coming to ask for advise then other young moms who "think" they are right going and verbally attacking them because they feel differently. I see one young mom being abused, I will stand up for her whether I agree with her or not.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 3:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Some women have nothing better to do than give sarcastic answers on forums like this. And because even though there is a name attached it's still relatively anonymous because they're hiding behind a computer screen like the rest of us. Cafemom is a microcosm of the rest of the world --some good, some bad.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 3:52 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I agree with you. Some are like that because they feel superior to the new mothers, and they think everyone should know the questions they ere asking. That's how it was when had my first when I asked questions. People were just down right mean so I stop coming here until after I had my 2nd so after 2 yrs I came back to Answer section.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I am glad to share if I know because no one shared with me. Why be mean when you can help.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I totally agree. There are many times that I ask questions and get some just plain rude answers. Im not asking them because I am complaining. I am a first time mother and sometimes just want to know if something is "normal" or am looking for other peoples opinions on things. I have thick enough skin that it doesnt turn me away or keep me from getting information that I am seeking. But the way some people answer I can see where people would not return to this site.
    mandapanda942

Answer by mandapanda942 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• The hide behind their computer screens.
    Stephanie329

Answer by Stephanie329 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I don't understand it either. Some get criticized for just asking a question!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I agree I have asked some funny questions but I was serious and really needed advice and got some very rude comments it does make it hard to ask some questions.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 6:20 PM on Oct. 3, 2010