Baby Poop Question

Around what age do babies begin to poop once or twice a day? My 1 month old son went from having several BM a day to just one or two, and he seems to be a little fussier until the "Big One" arrives. We did just change his diet and I know that can cause some constipation. So Im just wondering.

mandapanda942

Asked by mandapanda942 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 7 week old goes about once or twice a day.

(don't know if that helped at all... lol)
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 3:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• hey, Changing a 1 month olds diet will be a big factor in the pooping department .. What did you change his diet to? It might not be the right one for him.. This also depends on how long his diet has been changed. I would give it a few weeks and if he is still not pooping normal then maybe its not the right diet for your baby. Good luck!
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 3:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Thanks! I kind of figured right now it has mostly to do with changing his diet. He went from being breastfed to breastfred with being supplemented with formula, and now he is primarily on formula. The original formula we were using was making him vomit and VERY fussy. I recently started him on Enfamil Gentlease and I have noticed a difference in the fussiness, but also noticed a difference in his poo. Though its still loose and not hard.
    mandapanda942

Comment by mandapanda942 (original poster) at 4:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Going from human milk to artificial feeding is a huge change. His whole digestive system changed with the first bottle of formula. It's common for artificially fed babies to have semi-formed stool or for them to be constipated. Nothing like human milk stools.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:35 PM on Oct. 3, 2010