Playmobil toys

Who has bought these for your kids?? What sets were a big hit?? What sets were a big flop??

My son is 8 and these look pretty cool. He's not a big lego kid but likes action figures. Of course he's seen commercials on tv and wants them from that but i'd like to hear from moms who actually own some.

collegemom27

Asked by collegemom27 at 9:19 AM on Oct. 24, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We LOVE them in our house - we have the pirate ship, barn, numerous individual ones, and a few other sets (not sure which ones.) I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. ODS has everything from vikings, pirates, barbarians, etc. DD has queens, princesses, unicorns, etc. YDS likes to play with all of them even though he's not the recommended age yet. I would base it on his interests. Just so you know, they come with A LOT of little pieces - a pirate might have a sword, pistol, water flask, etc. so you definitely want to think of some storage system to get him at the same time - either a tub for all of them or something like a fishing tackle box to organize them. Good luck, and HTH!!
    London3

Answer by London3 at 9:35 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• wow i didnt know they made all that. i just saw a few things at target that peaked my interest. i did know they had small peices but didn't think about where he's gonna put them so maybe he'll get a storage cubby with them. thanks for your answer...this is what i was looking for.
    collegemom27

Answer by collegemom27 at 9:51 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I'm glad it helped.  I had to come back to share some more.  I think Target may have a few of the sets that come with their own storage case...at least they did a while ago when I bought one for my ODS.  I'm including a link to their site so you can see ALL the great things they have.  (No, I don't work for the company, I just like their toys as much as my kids do.)  http://store.playmobilusa.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site  Also, check out e-bay.  They discontinue sets all the time, so there is always something available on ebay.  Good luck.

London3

Answer by London3 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2008