Why do I freak out,when hubby disciplines our Son?

He doesn't hit or anything like that but when our son gets into trouble and hubby gets involved it drives me nuts.
He is an excellent parent and does what he is supposed to but my son starts to look so pitiful and those big eyes, my hearts sinks. I want to say something but I don't because he needs his dad's input. I think that has something to do with a mother protecting her child or something!

websavvy1

Asked by websavvy1 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Remember it's for his own good. I can only imagine how hard it must be to watch someone hurt your child, especially if you disagree with the reasons sometimes, but it's for his own good. Don't worry, that's what supposed to happen :)
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 3:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I think it must be the momma-bear in us! I do the same thing!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 4:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• It is. I reacted the same way when I took the boys to get shots. I would cringe! Or when they were out doing boy things I would be praying and praying and watching and ever on the ready. So it is an instinctive thing.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 4:12 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• its a mommy thing cause i have the same problem
    Monique78

Answer by Monique78 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Sometimes I think my hubby should be handling a situation differently. We just talk about it after the kids are out of the room & I tell him how I would have handled it a little differently.
    But I definitely agree - it's probably that motherly protectiveness.
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 7:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• You should feel lucky that your husband disciplines your child in a way that is consistent with what you do.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 9:35 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• You just stay out of it. Look away or walk away or something. I get like this with my kids too but you have got to be consistent and work as a TEAM.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:29 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I get the same way with my husband. He spanks the kids for reasons I would not spank them. There's a big inconsistency. I'm not going to start spanking them over trivial things. Then he gets all defensive about it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• It must be a mom thing I have the same problem, so when DH is doing the discipline I go to a different part of the house so the kids cant give me that pitiful look
    lchristianson5

Answer by lchristianson5 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• If you husband is a good father and is disciplining your son in a way that is not harmful or negative, leave him be. Be thankful that he is willing to step in and help, many fathers are not.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2010