32 weeks and 3cm dilated???Help!!!

hi,everyone,thank you for your answers in advanced.i am about 32 weeks and 17 and 3cm dilated.the doctors are telling me they want to give me steroids just in case the baby comes in two weeks or something,but honestly,they said their not really sure when she'll come,whether today,or in two weeks,or on her actual due date,but they doubt the last option.has this happened to anyone else?what are my chances,based on your experiences,that my baby will be coming early??

bit_o_evrything

Asked by bit_o_evrything at 9:25 AM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• This is a scary situation! Ive heard of cervixes dilating and then closing back up. I don't know what to tell you other than offer a quick word of support and prayers that everything will work out for the best. Are you getting updated checkups? Seems like this is a situation that needs to be watched and if it progesses, the steroids may be a very good idea. Good luck and please keep us updated.
    ALL4JJL

Answer by ALL4JJL at 9:34 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I had a friend in your same situation. She was in and out of the hospital too to make sure she was bedrest. Her baby was born after the 36 week safe point and is healthy. Just listen to your doctor and take it easy. I wouldn't be afraid of taking the hormones if thats what they recommend. Just rest a lot and try not to stress. I know easier said than done but it'll help.
    katyameliasmom

Answer by katyameliasmom at 9:42 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• i was 3 cm with my son when i was abot 7 months i think i never went into labor early or anything it might just be nothing like mine was my doc wasnt worried about it
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 10:32 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Even if your baby is born now, don't stress too much. The NICU's are pretty great these days. My hubby was born at 26 weeks, 25 years ago and he's healthy!!!!
    If your baby is born now, they will keep it for a few weeks and it will be hooked up to a lot of machines (most likely) but just try to calm down and do yourself a favor.... go on bedrest yourself. Even a week from now is better than now. :o)
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:11 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I was 18 with my first baby and i started leaking amniotic fluid at 31weeks and a month b4 my due date i was already dialated to a 4 and i went all the way to 40weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I was dilated to 3-4 cm for 4 weeks before they finally had to induce to get her slow butt out :) My coworkers were positive she was just going to fall out of me at work, but she did not want to come out!
    math_mom2

Answer by math_mom2 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• thank you very mch,ladies for your words of wisdom and experience.i just took a small test and they told methat we should know if ill have a preterm labor or not by about 3-4 pm today,so i will keep you updated<333
    bit_o_evrything

Answer by bit_o_evrything at 12:27 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• test came back negative,but they said i could have the baby any minute now
    bit_o_evrything

Answer by bit_o_evrything at 8:24 PM on Oct. 24, 2008