Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 Bumps

HELP PLEASE!!!!!! my soon to be sister in law is fading away

I have been watching her for about 4 months she lost weight and weighs maybe 90 pds at 19 yrs old, she had a baby 1 yr ago. she never talks and always seems upset, lately she showed some family memebers her stomache you can litterally see her organs popin outta of the tummy she doesnt have. she has also confessed to hearing voices and not being able to deal with her baby at all. I THINK SKITZOFRENIA, ive been tellin her family shes fading away I SAY PICK HER UP PUT HER IN THE DARN CAR AND TAKE HER TO THE HOSPITAL... NOBODY WILL BACK ME UP.... Idk what to do, we have offered to take the baby with no offense or threats just to help she says idk, shes on an anxiety pill her bf says it helps but shes still not eating and this is all still going on so what do i do? Iam worried for her and the baby!!!!


Asked by mememecassie at 4:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Health

Level 6 (115 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (13)
  • Im not sure but I bumped you to help get you some more answers

    Answer by LiLJeni at 7:54 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

  • I am schizophrenic and all i can tell you that NO BODY AND NO ONE can make her do anything UNLESS she is a harm to herself and or courts no judge will sign a power of medical attention under any other grounds...she has to want to get help thats is about it...all you guys can do is KEEP A GOOD EYE ON HER and make sure she is around ppl and not let her be alone if you all feel she is at risk...

    Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 4:16 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

  • Wow. If no one else in the family is willing to help, maybe call social services? If she's saying she cant deal with her baby, maybe it's enough for the state to get involved. It's sad enough that she has the problems that she does, but it would be awful if something happened to the baby, ya know?

    Answer by MommaTurbo at 4:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

  • Sounds like Postpartum Depression - to the extreme. She needs help!

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:15 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

  • She needs some series help needs to be checked into a hospital. Take her yourself. She may be suffering for depression and anorexia. Grab her and tell her to look at her baby and look her baby in the eyes. Tell her if she doesn't get help her baby will no longer have a mommy. Ask her if that's what she wants for her child to be motherless.

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

  • I usually don't believe in interferring with another's life or way of living, but in a situation such as this, stand your ground (be assertive, not agressive). Call a social service agency (not cps) to see if there is some help on intervention. Is she good with the baby and caring for it ok? Remember, you can not ever force someone against their will, but you can be there for support.

    Answer by MaryWolfe at 4:15 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

  • your brother can go to court and get a immediate removal of the child from her custody but he needs to have a solid and good grounds...mental health issues are not taken serous and it's not good cuz we need the help and sometimes we look for help but we cant find it...

    Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 4:19 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

  • am I and her brother enough can we check her in in the state of wi?
    or can she sign herself out right away?
    has any one ever had something like this?

    Comment by mememecassie (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

  • I know she needs help in the state of wisconsin what can i do to help her?

    Comment by mememecassie (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

  • Tell your brother to do something! After all he is going to marry this girl and she is the mother of his child? I think he needs to do something.. Are you SURE there is nothing bad going on in their relationship? ( I mean I know its your brother and all but are you sure??)

    Answer by smarie1011 at 4:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2010