For those that have a home business...

Do you go on twitter and if so have you gotten any business? And also, how does twitter work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• I don't bother with twiiter.....Other than giving any potential customers a heads up on specials I prefer a more personal touch....I send hand written letters and the responce is MUCH better
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I find new business through networking, like meeting of the local chamber of commerce

Answer by rkoloms at 6:55 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Twitter can be great for networking and updating people with things regarding your business. It's great because people that you're following can "REtweet" so their friends can see what you posted (and so on) which means free business promotion! I would also suggest Facebook which is another great way to promote your business FREE! Good luck to you.
    SweetSmeek

Answer by SweetSmeek at 8:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I don't do twitter. I do have a facebook page dedicated to my business
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:37 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• If you have an online business, Twitter is a great way to get traffic to your website. Whenever you update your blog with a new post or add a new product, you can post the url along with relevant keywords adn your followers will click if they're interested. Also, you can use Twitter to develop relationships with people. Be sure to spend a small and consistent amount of time looking at what your followers are posting. If it's something you know about, respond directly to their posts to develop a relationship of trust and credibility with them. At some point they may ask for a review or recommendation for a product or service they need and you will be able to respond with your offerings.
    HealthyMom62

Answer by HealthyMom62 at 7:58 AM on Oct. 4, 2010