Christmas gift ideas.. ( candies, cookies, fudge )

What do you do every year for X-mas gifts for friends and teachers? I usually make fudge, but I need some different ideas this year. Any recipes would be nice too... Thanks for sharing!

1lilgirl

Asked by 1lilgirl at 4:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Holidays

• I make a few different flavors of three layer fudge and a peanut butter fudge. People start asking about it in Sept. to make sure I am making it...So I won't be changing things! LOL!

My MIL does a christmas bread that is really yummy!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 4:20 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• last year i was on a really tight budget. i bought baskets and tins really cheap at michael's and walmart. i made cookies, bought cheap votives and tea light candles, and put professional pictures in them as well for family. i also bought these cute little containers at michael's, and put hot cocoa mix in them, and bought $1 mugs as well. the containers had different designs like reindeer, snowmen, santa, etc. everyone loved them and i will probably do the same this year but with different items. homemade gifts are the best because they're from the heart :-)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:20 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• With all the diet restrictions of teachers, allergies, etc. I have steered away from food gifts. For teachers, making a 'year ornament' is nice as long as you make something nice. We buy the glass balls and add a touch of sand and mini shells from the beach (I'm in FL) and paint: Teacher's name, student's name and year. Or have the child write a couple of sentences about the teacher, on a mini paper, date it and frame it to make an ornament. Some teachers have whole trees w/ nothing but ornaments from students. These are great for relatives as well, especially grandparents. Some of my most treasured gifts are framed poems my daughters wrote me and/or my husband for various occasions. We have a collection on our mantle dating back as far as 20 years.
    Mom2MomFlorida

Answer by Mom2MomFlorida at 4:25 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Teaches usualy get an ornament with their names on them from us. We also stick away from food not only for possible allergy reasons but well, everyone bakes and has hundreds of cookies at the holidays, last thing they need are more. This year my son is making a gift for everyone at a local pottery place for kids
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• We usually give the teachers a coffee mug with either some sample sized coffee or tea bags. And they only get their best friend's a gift, but they have to give it to them outside of school so as not to make the other kids feel bad or left out or get mad or anything like that.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I make peppermint bark for christmas! melt good quality white chocolate pour it on wax paper on a cookie sheet stick it in the fridge until hard. Then do the same with semisweet chocolate but add crushed candy canes on top before it hardens. then just break it into small pieces and put it in a cute box with some ribbon :)
    Baby.Fremd7

Answer by Baby.Fremd7 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I usually bake something, or buy chocolate boxes from the store lol
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• banana, carrot, or zucchini bread baked in the mini size foil pans. A variety of cookies. A mug with a box of tea, or individual serving instant coffee packets.
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 12:36 AM on Oct. 6, 2010