anyone got any book suggestions for a girl getting prepared for her period?

arenad

Asked by arenad at 4:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• PERIOD. Thats what it's actually called.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 4:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I just bought my daughter the American Girl book called "The Care and Keeping of You" and the journal that goes with it. I plan on giving it to her this weekend and talking with her about it this weekend after her dad gets home and can help keep our son occupied.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I've heard great things about the American Girl book. I just sat DD down discussed things with her. It just happened because she found a tampon in a old bag of mine that she was going to use for school. Then they had "the talk" at school with professional guest speakers and she said it was ok.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 4:42 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I got the book "Growing up girl" for my daughter a few years ago....it explains all the little changes there body is going through....
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 6:12 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• The Care an Keeping of You is very good. Also, Are You There God, It's me Margaret is a nice story about coming of age.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 2:41 AM on Oct. 5, 2010