Obama needs another vacation...seriously?!

LOL...who knew being President of the United States was so darn demanding?!

Apparently his vacation in April to North Carolina, in July to Maine, and two trips in August to the gulf and Martha’s Vineyard were apparently, not enough?! I'm assuming Obama will be headed over to Hawaii for some fun in the sun over the holidays again, but what about now, what about OCTOBER? (And bi-weekly outings on golf courses don’t count.)

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Obama-Id-appreciate-a-little-break-104126174.html

I can't seem to find any precise accounting of the number of vacation days Obama has taken since January 2009, unlike president's past when we were provided with up to the minute tallies including cost breakdowns!! Has anyone else found a source?! Or is the media still looking the other way and covering for him?! Just wondering.

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 4:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think the country would be better off if he took the next two years off.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I would be happy if BO took a 2 yr vacation too!!

I don't really see how you can compare BO's vacations to Bush's. When Bush took a vacation it was usually to his ranch in Texas...he went HOME......a very GREEN home btw. How many times have the Obama's been "home" since moving to DC?

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• He doesn't really do anything but dig us more into a hole... I think he should take so many vacations then we don't have to see or hear his comments anymore!
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• If you had to deal with what he has to deal with wouldn't you want to go on multiple vacations?
    He needs to get his ass in gear and take care of some real business!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• If PBO didn't want to put up with the "crap" that all presidents have to put up with (Reagan got shot, Clinton obstructed justice, Carter had the hostages, Bush Sr the Gulf War, Bush Jr the 9/11 attacks, FDR had WWII, and the like), he shouldn't have begged, borrowed, and stole for the job. Stay in Washington, by damn it, and do the job you're getting paid $400,000/year to do.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• You know, I know the job of President isn't easy, but dammit I need a vacation too! I work 45+ hours a week between two part-time jobs and my husband is desperately trying to keep his business alive. We can't afford a vacation and even if we could, we just don't have the time. I certainly wish I could take even just one vacation, let alone several in one year.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I'm a "benefit-of-the-doubt" kind of person, but it does seem to be getting a little ridiculous. I realize Bush took a lot of vacation time while in office too, so it has nothing to do with Repubs/Dems, etc to me. I just feel like I've heard more about Obama's vacations than anything else since he took office.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 4:41 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Hey! We all got a vote down! Gertie or delilah must have been through!!!!!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

•  

I don't think HOME is what he wishes it was.

Anonymous

• na na na na na na na na hey hey hey goodbye! and good riddance Obama's
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 6:09 PM on Oct. 3, 2010