it says its safe but is it really-painting a crib

my concern is paint coming off or baby chewing it off or something.
i understand to paint a crib, and dry/vent it is safe.
but later will there be a problem?

i want to get a 3 in 1 and paint it if that help any to the ???

frankye

Asked by frankye at 4:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't even see why one would want to paint a crib.....the wood comes in different shades these days or even in white or black and it's done professionaly. If you're set on it at least get the no VOC paint so it's not toxic....regular paint gives off VOC's for up to two years after you paint something or a wall.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Get Low VOC latex paint. Paint these days does not contain the lead that made paint flakes toxic in the past. You need to sand it down before you paint so the paint will adhere best.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I'm going with the other answers, just don't SPRAY PAINT IT. Can you believe I knew someone who spraypainted their child's crib? I was like "you know she's going to put her mouth on that" and the wife said "I'm sure it'll be fine"....ok, whatever. While you're at it why don't you place it beside the lead-painted nursery window?
    Evansmommy91

Answer by Evansmommy91 at 4:54 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• i never spray paint, oi. it just i want a mint green i think or maybe the blue or pink.
    but i'm willing to just wait til a big kid bed time comes for all the cuteness or coolness
    frankye

Comment by frankye (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Oct. 3, 2010