Do your kids do chores? How old are they?

mygirlpaige

Asked by mygirlpaige at 4:55 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• 6 and 7. They help unload the silverware from diswasher.. She is learning to sweep. They are totally responsible for making their beds daily, sorting their laundry on thursday nights. They take turns bringing empty trash cans in. Clean up of toys, rooms their messes.Taking empty can to the garage recycle bins.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Yep. They are 3 & 4... They pick up their toys & clothes, clean their rooms, put away their clothes, scrape their plates & clean up the table and whatever odd jobs I can find for them to do.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Yes my 10 year old does laundry, my 7 year old does dishes, and the other 7 year old does the dinning and family room.
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 4:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I began my boys on chores at an early age. When they were 5, I had them watch the small trash cans and let me know if they needed emptying. I showed them how to pull the bag and tie it up, then put a new one in. Then I showed there where to put the bag. As they grew older, I gave them more tasks. Chores help them learn responsibility as well as helps them feel they are contributing. I never would overload them or have them do anything that took more than a few minutes as I wanted them to be boys and play! But they were happy to be helping as well.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 4:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• They are 7 and 9 and have to unload the dishwasher, set the table, and they get to help with dinner although that's not a chore just something they like to do, make sure the living room is picked up, clean up their bathroom, keep the rooms clean, and make sure the dining room stays clean. I do all the sweeping and vacuuming though.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Yes, He is 4. He has to clean up his room, help load the dishwasher and fold some towels.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Chores, certainly If they want to live in the house. Along with learning their name, age and A, B, C's, are put away dish, make bed, and clean up your mess. Starting in the early years.
    peacockmom

Answer by peacockmom at 5:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• yes indeed. they are 9 & 5. they have a chore list on the side of the fridge they check off. they also get awarded for doing good jobs too!!!
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 5:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• yes, mine are 3 and 5. They clean up their toys and rooms, 5 helps dh with the trash. If they spill it, they wipe it up. Help with getting the laundry out of their rooms and any odds and ends I can think of. Right now they think it is fun. How long with that last :)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 3, 2010